The following statements may surprise you:
- I’ve been told that, by law, I must have my portable electrical appliances tested every year. Is this correct? – No!
- Do I need to keep records of testing and should I label any appliances tested? – No!
- Do I need to test new equipment? – No!
- I have been told that I have to get an electrician to do portable appliance testing work. Is that correct? – No!
- Is Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) compulsory? – No!
To verify the statements made above and some other popular questions and answers from the “Health and Safety Executive” web site – Click here
Or visit the “Health and Safety Executive” web site directly
So, can PAT testing be a “Cash Cow”?
Originally published on May 23, 2017